During the hot summer months it is simple enough to crack open a foamy beer to temper the Oklahoma heat. On its own, beer can be more than just refreshing … it can be hoppy, fruity, citrusy and mal...
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (plus extra lime wedges for rimming the glasses)
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 bottles light beer
Combine the salt, paprika and cayenne on a small shallow plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of 2 pint glasses, then dip the rims in the salt mixture. Fill glasses with ice and set aside.
Divide tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and a few pinches of black pepper between the two glasses. Top off with cold beer and stir to combine. Garnish each with a lime wedge and a pinch of black pepper.