The greens are coming! The greens are coming!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 5 anchovies or equivalent amount of anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup pecan oil (We used Knight Creek Farms.)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
On a cutting board, crush and mince garlic very finely. Add kosher salt and continue to chop and crush garlic until it forms a paste. Transfer to a bowl and add anchovies. Mash until combined. Whisk in mustard, yolks and lemon juice. A drop at a time, begin adding pecan oil until mixture begins to look creamy. Then add oil in a slow steady stream until all oil is incorporated and dressing is thick and glossy. Stir in cheese and taste for additional salt, pepper or lemon juice.