- 3 tablespoons pecan or olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 cups sweet corn, frozen or fresh off the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Tortillas, preferably homemade
- Queso fresco
In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Do not allow garlic to brown. Add corn and cook until corn starts to turn slightly golden. Add bell pepper, chile powder, cumin and a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
To serve: Top each tortilla with a generous portion of corn mixture and a handful of arugula. Cook eggs to desired doneness and add one or two to each tortilla. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Serve immediately.