- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fennel pollen or ground toasted fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
This is a wet rub, for it includes fresh herbs and lemon zest. We love it on just about anything—chicken, fish, pork and especially roast leg of lamb. Use Meyer lemons if you can find them, for their fragrance is remarkable. Refrigerate the rub in an airtight container for up to 3 days.