- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups white wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 pound ground corned beef
- 1 pound ground beef brisket
- 1 pound ground pork
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 good quality slider buns or rolls
Makes 20 sliders
For the pickled cabbage:
Whisk together the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic and set aside.
Core and shred or thinly slice the cabbages. Peel and shred or julienne the carrot.
Once the sugar is dissolved in the brine, pour over the vegetables and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
For the sliders:
Mix the meats together thoroughly.
Form twenty 2 to 3 ounce patties. Cook a tiny amount in a pan to test for salt level as the corned beef will most likely provide enough salt. Season with salt and black pepper (optional).
Grill the sliders until cooked through. Place slider patty on bottom bun, top with cabbage and top bun.