S-Blended at Nourish Drink Cafe
“Let food be thy medicine…”
—Hippocrates, 300 BC
Open now just over one year, Nourish Drink Café has changed the face of fast food in Tulsa. Located at 1717 E. 17th St., this quaint, modern eatery serves superfood blends and salads that will turn any kale skeptic into a believer.
Owners and sisters Piper Kacere and Amy Murray started out making blends for friends in the kitchen. Now, with the added guidance of staff cardiologist (and Piper’s husband), Dr. Richard Kacere, Nourish serves up real food, real fast to all of Tulsa and the surrounding areas.
Edible Tulsa wanted to get up close and personal with the epicenter of happy healthy fuel on the go in Tulsa. We think these fun photos describe the vibe better than words possibly could. We also share a few tips for eating healthy, along with a great recipe from Nourish featuring local spring greens.
- Add a handful of frozen or fresh greens to your fruit smoothies and blends.
- Consider beginning your evening meal with a puréed green soup.
- Add herbs to every dish you make, from herbed eggs in the morning to a handful of cilantro on your sandwich to pesto on nearly anything.
- Buy or make dehydrated vegetable chips to serve with bean and other vegetable dips.
- Perk up your ordinary green salads with roasted vegetables and puréed vegetable dressings such as the Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette in Techniques & Ingredients (page 13).
Nourish Drink Café buys local produce, including Scissortail Farms, whenever possible and serves it up fresh in a broad spectrum of blends and salads. New to the salad menu for March is The Ultimate Chopped Salad. The traditional chopped salad is loaded with meats and eggs mixed into the greens. However, the Nourish version is totally plant-based (as is everything at Nourish), and you won’t miss the meat at all.
For more information about Nourish Drink Café, visit them at:
1717 E. 17th Street, Tulsa; 918.991.1717
Open Monday–Friday 7am–2:30pm
also on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter